Porous slabs and blocks
- Casting compounds
- Porous slabs and blocks
- Epoxy resin
- Fast casting resin
- Silicone rubbers (addition-curing systems)
- ALWA Aluminium-Block (resin-based)
- Aluminium and mineral fillers
- Polyester and vinylester resin
- High temperature resin
- Release agents
- Desinfection & hygiene
- About ALWA
- Customer service
Filter units made of porous aluminium as an ideal alternative to sintered metal, ceramic filters etc.
Porous materials play a key role in modern technology and have been utilised for many years in a range of different industry sectors, for example in the form of porous slabs made of sintered metals. Yet sintering technology has some disadvantages - for example, pore sizes can’t be freely selected and there are also massive restrictions on the dimensions and wall thicknesses of the slabs.
However, we at ALWA offer an innovative and superb alternative - our ALWA POR product: blocks and slabs made of porous aluminium, which feature effective properties such as good thermal conductivity and high heat capacity. Added to these are low weight and all-surface permeability, meaning that ALWA POR porous slabs are, for example, ideal for filter applications, allowing liquids to pass through and unwanted material to be removed. Just think in this respect of the filtered, purified tap water that many people like drinking.
The particular structure of the pores in porous aluminium results in a
different flow of liquid compared to the pores in sintered metal and
increases the efficiency of liquid filters, water filters and much more
besides. ALWA POR also delivers longer durability given its high structural
stability, as well as more effective filter performance due to its adjustable
porosity and high filter resistance. While filter cloths need to be replaced
every few months, our porous slabs perform their filter function for up to
two years. That is not only good for your budget, but also for the
environment, because much less waste is generated.
Specific features of ALWA POR
- Consists of just two components: aluminium and a resin binder
- Is manufactured in our factory in the form of porous blocks or slabs
- Has a fine surface structure and is characterised by high structural stability and compressive strength
- Is easy to machine (sawing, drilling, grinding and polishing) and still remains porous afterwards
Our innovative ALWA POR manufacturing technology enables us to offer optimum value for money for customised filter solutions - e.g. aeration for aquariums, fish ponds and sewage treatment plants. What’s more, it is entirely sustainable, because filters made of porous aluminium can easily be cleaned or backwashed, thus extending the filter’s service life.
Your ALWA POR benefits at a glance:
- all-volume permeability, all pores are open
- high strength
- low weight thanks to 20 – 30 % volume porosity
- homogeneous distribution of pores over entire volume
- high thermal conductivity and heat capacity
ALWA POR is capable of so much, see for yourself and get in touch with us! We are happy to advise you and create an ideal solution to meet your specific requirements together with you!